Benefits of Exercise
What can regular exercise do for you?
- Increase levels "good" cholesterol
- Lower high blood pressure
- Improve the strength and efficiency of your heart and lungs
- Help improve body composition by burning fat
- Play a big part in controlling weight, and in improving body shape and posture
- Promote healthy blood sugar levels
- Promote bone density and increase bone-strength and help delay the onset of osteoporosis.
- Improves the movement of joints and increases muscle strength to lift, push and pull.
- Helps with posture and reduces the risk of falls.
- Boost the immune system - keep common diseases, such as colds and influenza at bay
- Improve mood and reduce the chance of depression - help you feel good in body and to relax and cope better with anxieties and stress, and sleep better
- Improve your self-confidence and sense of well being - helps to alleviate isolation and loneliness
Click here to read the National Health Service position on the benefits of exercise